CCF Terms of Sale
No returns accepted on close out items. All close out item sales are final.
Please make sure to include your Name, Address, Phone, E-Mail, and Payment Information with your order.
All shipments redirected by customer will be assessed the additional fees the carrier assesses CCF, ie, if you decide to have the shipment to be redirected to Florida after you had us ship it to Texas, your card will be charged the additional fees we incur.
This includes addresses given us which UPS corrects enroute ie, you tell us your shipping address is 101 East Calle Boulevard and it is really 101 East Calle Bolivar, while English may not be your natural tongue, I'm sorry, it is mine and we are in an English speaking country. UPS just charged us $20 to correct a similar address unbeknownst to us. While you may not know what may confuse us, I definitely do not have a clue what you MEANT to say.
Please type or print faxed or mailed orders to help us assure accuracy in filling your order.
All NON-CASH payments (credit card, debit cards, EFT, chicken eggs, etc.) will incur a 3% surcharge. Any order that includes a form of payment that creates additional costs, fees or taxes will be automatically increased to reflect these additional expenses.
All returned goods must receive a return authorization number prior to return. Please call prior to making any return.
All returns will be subject to a 7% restocking fee plus shipping charges. This fee shall not apply to items received damaged or defective.
No returns after 21 days from date of sale.
damage sustained in shipping must be communicated to CCF within
forty-eight (48) hours
of receipt. All carton packaging materials must be retained for inspection
by carrier. Failure to do so will void any claim for damage.
PURCHASING A FIREARM FROM US??
All Firearms purchased from CCF must be shipped to a licensed Firearms Dealer - per ATF regulations we must be provided a copy of that dealer's license with his original ink signature. Note: ATF regulations require the transferring (or shipping) dealer to hold a copy of the receiving dealer's license.
There is no current regulation requiring the receiving dealer to have a copy of the shipping dealer's license. Recently we have encountered a slurry of receiving dealers demanding to have a copy of our license when we are the shipping dealer. Just recently I had a dealer demanding to have a copy of our license when he was receiving and we were the shipping or transferring dealer. Problem was he had already received one from us 3 months ago. Sending a dealer a signed copy of our license when there is no requirement for them to have one puts CCF at exposure - as there is no federal requirement to have a copy of our license in order to receive a firearm, there is no motivation on that dealer's part to treat our license copy with security (ie when there is no federal violation for losing our license copy) - an employee could easily steal it and use it to purchase firearms at a gun show - The ATF system would then show firearms transferred to us that we had no knowledge of. Some dealers are just plain problematic or cantankerous - this same dealer that demanded a second copy of our license demanded we issue a new copy of the invoice to reflect he was the "Bill to" party - he was described in the invoice as the "Ship to" party with the customer who had paid for the firearm described as the "Bill to". When I indicated that would be erroneous as the customer had paid us directly, his response was they require it as store policy and that we could put the amount of "zero" in the billing column. I am unable to comprehend the logic of that "store's policy".
For this reason, confirm with your dealer what he will need from us - I have no problem complying with reasonable requests. But if your dealer is going to require a signed copy of our license when he is not shipping a firearm to us, please find another dealer. If the dealer is going to be illogical as I just described above with inane and erroneous requirements like I described above, we will not transfer the firearm to that dealer. There seems to be a lot of eccentric dealers out there, especially in the rural areas that have been doing something a certain way they claim,for eons in spite of the lack of any discernable logic. The regulations we have to comply with are already enough of a headache, I don't have the energy for additional headaches.
If your dealer indicates he has to have a copy of our license, ask him what he does when a customer trades in a firearm or ships one to him for repair or consignment - customers generally don't have ATF licenses. If he cares to, he can go to the ATF FFL EZ Check website - we will be glad to provide our FFL number and he/she can confirm our license status at ATF's site.
Please confirm your dealer will not be eccentric or problematic - shipping firearms, especially pistols these days is expensive and I will not be responsible for shipping cost if your dealer creates a difficult situation and the firearm ends up being shipped back.
Additional terms of sale:
1. APPLICABILITY. Our acceptance of your order or purchase is expressly made conditional upon your assent to the terms and conditions herein in their entirety and on your agreement that the terms and conditions stated herein shall constitute the sole terms and conditions of the Agreement. Your assent to the terms and conditions set forth herein shall be conclusively presumed from your failure to reasonably object in writing as hereinafter provided and from your acceptance of all or any part of our order.
THE CONDITIONS STATED BELOW SHALL TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY OTHER CONDITIONS, AND NO CONTRARY, ADDITIONAL, OR DIFFERENT PROVISIONS OR CONDITIONS SHALL BE BINDING ON CCF / CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS UNLESS ACCEPTED BY CCF / CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS AS EVIDENCED BY A WRITTEN DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY AN AUTHORIZED AGENT OF CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS.
2. PAYMENT. The price for the products and services provided pursuant to this Agreement shall be as expressly set forth on the face hereof. Unless otherwise stated on the front of this Agreement, payment by the Purchaser shall be due and payable within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. The Purchaser shall be responsible for all taxes, assessments and other governmental charges, however designated, imposed by any governmental authorities associated with the performance of this agreement. Invoices that remain unpaid upon the expiration of thirty (30) days from the date of said invoices shall bear interest at a rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month, or portion thereof, until such amount is paid in full.
3. INSPECTION. The Purchaser shall inspect the product(s) and services immediately upon their delivery and shall, within forty-eight hours thereof, give written notice to CCF/Capital City Firearms of any claims that the products and services do not conform with the terms of this Agreement. In the event that the Purchaser fails to give such notice, the products and services provided hereunder shall be deemed to conform with the terms of this Agreement, and the Purchaser shall be bound to accept and pay for the products and services in accordance with the terms hereof.
4. JURISDICTION OF DISPUTES. Any and all disputes between CCF / Capital City Firearms and the Purchaser arising from this Agreement which results in litigation shall be filed in the court having appropriate monetary jurisdiction in the City of Richmond, Virginia. All disputes arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia..
5. SALE OF FIREARMS. All post-1898 modern firearms will be sold only in accordance with all applicable laws. It is the policy of CCF/Capital City Firearms not to sell pre-1898 antique guns to convicted felons, minors, fugitives from justice, illegal aliens, drug addicts, alcoholics, or mentally defective individuals. By purchasing such items, Purchaser represents that Purchaser does not fit into any of these classifications.
6. ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS. In addition to such remedies as shall be available at law, CCF / Capital City Firearms shall be entitled to all costs and attorney's fees arising from its enforcement of any provision of this Agreement.
7. AGREEMENT BINDING. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective next of kin, legates, administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Goods are sold by us with the express and specific understanding that Capital City Firearms shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for physical injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part from criminal or negligent discharge. Unsafe, improper use or careless handling by the user; unauthorized modifications; defective, improper, reloaded, hand-loaded, or non-standard ammunition; corrosion, abuse or neglect, or other influences beyond our direct and immediate control.
THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY (INCLUDING ANY FAILURE TO WARN). CCF/CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR RESALE AFTER THE GOODS LEAVE CCF/CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS' HANDS, OR FOR ANY FAILURE BY OTHERS TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE OF PROPERTY, COMMERCIAL LOSS AND LOSS OF EARNINGS OR PROFITS.
CCF/CAPITAL CITY FIREARMS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMER IS VOID OR UNENFORCEABLE UNDER STATE LAW, THE DURATION OF ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM DATE OF INVOICE.
states do not allow limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so
the limitations and exclusions herein may not apply to you. You may also have
other legal rights which wary from state to state.